ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Hall, John" <jh...@solant.com>
Subject Classic compiler and deprecation
Date Tue, 29 Aug 2000 17:30:27 GMT
Hi,

I am using ANT with the classic compiler (JDK 1.2) option ant deprecation
turned on.  ANT is printing out the deprecation messages where the
deprecated methods being used are deprecated methods in the JDK.  But it is
not printing out the deprecation messages for methods that I have deprecated
in my own source code. However, when I run javac -deprecation from the
command line on a source file that I know is using a method that I
deprecated, the message prints.  Is this a known bug, or am I missing
something?

john

ANT compiler options used:

<property name="build.compiler" value="classic"/>
<property name="compiler.debug" value="on"/>
<property name="compiler.optimize" value="on"/>
<property name="compiler.deprecation" value="on"/>

Java version used:

java version "1.2.2"
Classic VM (build JDK-1.2.2-W, native threads, symcjit)