ant-dev mailing list archives

From Paul Hodgetts <pa...@zzyzxtek.com>
Subject Re: Jikes on Windows NT
Date Thu, 03 Aug 2000 16:25:26 GMT
Mike McCune wrote:

 > Attached is a patched version of the Javac.java file from the 3.1
release version. The only changes that I made were to the

Stefan Bodewig wrote:

 > I'd love to see you try the current CVS version instead. The patch -
 > which has been added after Ant 1.1 - is supposed to enable jikes
 > compilation for an arbitrary number of files at once (even on
 > Windows).

It works great with 480 source files on WinNT.

I was going to suggest using the nightly build instead as well,
since it has this Jikes patch as well as a lot of other fixes.
I've found it to be plenty stable, so I wouldn't really consider
it a risk over the last released version.  We've been using the
Ant nightly builds (refreshed about once a week) to do our own
production builds for almost two months without incident.

Paul