ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: cvs java client inside ant
Date Mon, 28 Aug 2000 15:48:17 GMT
Peter Donald wrote:

> At 03:03  25/8/00 -0500, you wrote:
> >Now ant uses exec function to call cvs. Sometimes it does not work properly.
> >Is it a good idea to insert ant's own cvs java client instead of calling
> >Runtime.exec(cvs)?
> >Many cvs java clients are already implemented.
>
> Unfortunately they are GPL which is an incompatble license with Apache
> licensing schem  - the onluy possibility is the one over at netbeans but no
> one has stepped up to base afaik

FYI: yes, http://javacvs.netbeans.org/ hosts an in-progress
Java-implemented CVS client which may be license-compatible with Ant (I
don't know for sure). It is in active development and is improving, so
anyone interested in it should check up on it periodically (or better,
offer to contribute); I am sure its authors would welcome the extra
stress-testing from use in a different environment.

-Jesse

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR