ant-dev mailing list archives

From Costin Manolache <>
Subject - targets and - properties
Date Mon, 21 Aug 2000 23:02:03 GMT

I would like to add 2 more options to the command
"ant -tasks " will list all defined tasks in a build.xml file
"ant -properties" will list all top-level defined properties.

Both would be very useful to avoid searching in build.xml.

An aditional extension ( that will make build.xml files
incompatible with older versions of ant ) is to add a
"description" attribute to <property> and <target>.
This will allow a nice self-documenting listing, and
improve the readability of build.xml.

Let me know what you think - I can send a patch
( or check in - if I'm still on the commiter list  :-)).

View raw message