ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Povirk, Chris" <cri...@ratedg.com>
Subject Ant Task for StarTeam Checkouts
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 15:23:11 GMT
I have written a task for Ant to check out files from a StarTeam server
and am interested in donating to Apache.  Here is the Javadoc overview
of the program:

> Checks out files from a specific StarTeam server, project, view, and folder.
>
> This program logs in to a StarTeam server and opens up the specified project and view.
Then, it searches through that view for the given folder (or, if you prefer, it uses the
> root folder). Beginning with that folder and optionally continuing recursivesly, AntStarTeamCheckOut
compares each file with your include and exclude filters and checks it
> out only if appropriate.
>
> Checked out files go to a directory you specify under the subfolder named for the default
StarTeam path to the view. That is, if you entered /home/cpovirk/work as the target
> folder, your project was named "OurProject," the given view was named "TestView," and
that view is stored by default at "C:\projects\Test," your files would be checked out
> to /home/cpovirk/work/Test." I avoided using the project name in the path because you
may want to keep several versions of the same project on your computer, and I didn't
> want to use the view name, as there may be many "Test" or "Version 1.0" views, for example.
This system's success, of course, depends on what you set the default path to
> in StarTeam.
>
> You can set AntStarTeamCheckOut to verbose or quiet mode. Also, it has a safeguard against
overwriting the files on your computer: If the target directory you specify
> already exists, the program will throw a BuildException. To override the exception, set
force to true.

-Chris Povirk