ant-dev mailing list archives

From John Lacey <jo...@vizdom.com>
Subject Re: Ant and Emacs compilation
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 22:54:11 GMT
James Duncan Davidson wrote:

> > PD> Namely the ability to loop through directories like
> >
> > should be possible to borrow what you need from JDE. This is how JDE
> > searches for project.el - the project specific configuration file.
>
> BTW.. One of a dozen things I wanted to do (and didn't) was to have Ant
> search down for the build file (or default build.xml) towards the root of
> the tree and resolve everything correctly.

I've been meaning to read this thread and post this code for,
what, three weeks. ;-) Anyway, I've attached some modified JDE
code that we use to locate the build.xml file and run ant, fwiw.

We rebind C-c C-v C-b in JDE to run vizdom-build. In practice,
however, I usually invoke compile directly once I've used
vizdom-build to generate the right command line for compile. So I
only use vizdom-build when I switch to another project.

John L