ant-dev mailing list archives

From Jesse Glick <Jesse.Gl...@netbeans.com>
Subject Re: <arg>
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 17:40:45 GMT
Stefan Bodewig wrote:
> As others have pointed out, it's a all or nothing thing. Once you send
> any environment variables to the subprocess, you have to set them all.
>
> I've put a warning into docs/index.html about this when I documented
> <env> two days ago. I don't think Ant has a way to circumvent this.

If you wanted to be perverse I guess you could have Ant lazily run as a
subprocess "env" (Unix) or "set" (Windows; is this right?), gather the
results, parse them, and use them as defaults when <env> vars were
specified in exec tasks (in Execute.setEnvironment). A heinous
workaround for a dumb JDK bug.

-J.

--
Jesse Glick   <mailto:Jesse.Glick@netbeans.com>
tel (+4202) 3300-9161 Sun Micro x49161 Praha CR