ant-dev mailing list archives

From "William G. Thompson, Jr." <wgt...@softcom.com>
Subject Re: Prototype JspcTask
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:51:43 GMT
Walker Joe wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Attached is my prototype JspcTask. It does work, but there are restrictions,
> and right now it is not much better than using <exec command="jspc.sh ... />
>
> There are 2 jobs to be done.
>
> Make it inherit from MatchingTask (not sure if the name is right - I didn't
> spend too long playing)
> The real problem behind <exec command="jspc.sh ... /> is that is recompiles
> all the source all the time, and that kicks off every other build task in
> sight.
> Where is the best place to start? I had a look at JavacTask and RmicTask but
> it wasn't obvious what I needed and what was only relevant to javac. Or are
> there some good docs somewhere?
The best docs is the source! ;)

Joe,

I've had good success with paring down JavacTask for XMLCTask, it does
compilation based on Timestamp (just like JavacTask).  XMLCTask is much
smaller and may be easier to grok since I've cleared out all the Javac
stuff.   I've attached it for your convenance.

later.
Bill
--
Bill Thompson | geek
"I'd rather write programs to write programs than write programs"