ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <>
Subject CAB Task
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 13:49:03 GMT
Attached is a CAB task I wrote some weeks ago to create Microsoft .cab
files.  I know, I know, boo, hiss, but I had no choice - really.  I have
to create these for one of my current projects, so I put this together.
The task syntax is just like jar or zip, since it really does the same
thing anyway.

Use it like this:

  <cab cabfile="filename" basedir="dir"/>

All of the optional parameters from MatchingTask are supported
(including the nested params):

This task contains OS checks and will only run on Windoze.  It is
harmlessly ignored on other OSes.  You must have the Microsoft CABARC
utility available in your executable path.  I have not been able to find
any Java classes for creating CAB files - if anyone knows of any, please
let me know.

I'm donating the source to the project - you will see that I borrowed
heavily from existing tasks anyway.

Roger Vaughn

View raw message