ant-dev mailing list archives

From Roger Vaughn <rvau...@seaconinc.com>
Subject CAB Task
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 13:49:03 GMT
Attached is a CAB task I wrote some weeks ago to create Microsoft .cab
files.  I know, I know, boo, hiss, but I had no choice - really.  I have
to create these for one of my current projects, so I put this together.
The task syntax is just like jar or zip, since it really does the same
thing anyway.

Use it like this:

  <cab cabfile="filename" basedir="dir"/>

All of the optional parameters from MatchingTask are supported
(including the nested params):

    includes
    excludes
    items
    ignore
    defaultexcludes

This task contains OS checks and will only run on Windoze.  It is
harmlessly ignored on other OSes.  You must have the Microsoft CABARC
utility available in your executable path.  I have not been able to find
any Java classes for creating CAB files - if anyone knows of any, please
let me know.

I'm donating the source to the project - you will see that I borrowed
heavily from existing tasks anyway.

Roger Vaughn