ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: using project.createTask bad?
Date Thu, 10 Aug 2000 01:00:46 GMT
At 09:03  10/8/00 +1000, you wrote:
>I will go ahead with this change unless someone objects.
>
>Thoughts?

One thing to think about before you do so is the proposal of a while ago of
allowing multiple Javacs. ie like JikesJavac, ClassicJavac and ModernJavac
all extending Javac (an abstract class). The mapping was done via
properties/etc - so if this was to go ahead it would mean each task would
have to know what munging to do.

A solution would be to go

project.createTask( org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs.Javac.class )

This would return the create an instance of first sub-class of javac
registered ... thoughts ??? Either way I don't mind how it goes.

Cheers,

Pete