ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Missing feature?
Date Mon, 07 Aug 2000 13:15:51 GMT
At 03:06  7/8/00 +0200, Frank Nestel wrote:
>See the following scenario: I have two tasks A and B. Actually I like
>them both separated, but actually task B also has to be executed after
>finishing A. I.e. A is not dependand on B, but B is kind of cleanup
>after
>A. Is there a way to avoid a wrapper task A' which depends on A and
>B, to avoid duplicating the rules of B in A?

how about

<target name="A" />
<target name="B" depends="A" />

???

>If not I'd like to suggest
>task like
>    <build target="s.th."/>

this is now done through the ant-call task that is unfortunately yet to be
documented

    <target name="foo">
      <antcall target="bar">
        <param name="property1" value="aaaaa" />
        <param name="foo" value="baz" />
       </antcall>
    </target>

    <target name="bar" depends="init">
      <echo message="prop is ${property1} ${foo}" />
    </target>

Cheers,

Pete