ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: Extending ant from within ant
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 14:35:43 GMT
At 09:52  1/8/00 -0400, you wrote:
>Ouch!

oops sorry I forgot there was a contributor here.

My main problems I guess were not specifically with the look as such but
more the way it was set out and the information it provides.

* Some links are broken (like "become a contributor or core team member. "
link on front page).
* no link to cvs details other than webcvs which I couldn't convince to
give me url to pserver.
* no link to mailing list.
* no link to download location
etc etc.

It is not something particular about bsf but more about whole IBM site. I
originally wanted to join bsf project as I was using it a lot at the time.
At the time I got irritated trying to navigate site and gave up (same thing
happened with a few other opensource projects there *). The only way I
found out there was a mailing list and public cvs was because someone
posted them on this list not that long ago. So apologies for saying it was
ugly - that was a result with of my frustration last time I tried to use
the pages.

* which reminds me IBM has opensource FTP bean that we could use for
ftp-get approach.

Cheers,

Pete