ant-dev mailing list archives

From Peter Donald <dona...@mad.scientist.com>
Subject Re: FTP & JSPC
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:40:45 GMT
At 02:21  1/8/00 +0200, you wrote:
>Yes - Get will work on FTP URLs but there is no corresponding PUT (one
>for HTTP using WebDAV would be nice as well).

put is possible in normal jdk (has been since at least early 1.1).
Basically you set up URL do a getConnection, change the header parameter
that specifies method (I can't remember of hand - thout you can list em to
figure it out) and then open output stream. Done :P.

I believe that this is not possible with ftp thou I could be wrong (ie I
haven't checke3d in ages but I failed to do it once and wrote my own ftp
code).

Cheers,

Pete