ant-dev mailing list archives

From Walker Joe <Joe.Wal...@barclaycard.co.uk>
Subject RE: FTP & JSPC
Date Tue, 01 Aug 2000 12:30:16 GMT

Hi,

	> WJ> I've not seen anything and I guess that java.net.URL is not up
	> WJ> the job so it would mean using some other FTP classes, which
	> WJ> maybe why it's not been done already.
	>
	> Yes - Get will work on FTP URLs but there is no corresponding PUT
(one
	> for HTTP using WebDAV would be nice as well).

Absolutely, but I was hoping to check a timestamp before I used up the
bandwidth, which I don't think I can do from URL, I'll have a check.

	> WJ> I'm tempted to write this but it must have been debated
before?

	> Usually on the "if I find time or urgently need it ..." level. Go
	> ahead 8^).
	>
	> WJ> I'm also tempted to write something to call tomcat's jspc
	> WJ> process. Anyone tried this?
	>
	> There have at least been two people around here who asked for
	> it. Haven't seen any implementations yet.

I think I'll try the FTP bit first because I reckon I can hack up the
copydir quite easily -File->URL it a process I've done before.
But neither will be tomorrow.

Joe.

Legal Disclaimer:-

Please be aware that messages sent over
the Internet may not be secure and should
not be seen as forming a legally binding
contract unless otherwise stated.