ant-dev mailing list archives

From uli stehling <uli...@netscape.net>
Subject Re: [RE: newbie question - how does contribution work]
Date Wed, 16 Aug 2000 09:39:32 GMT
KC Baltz <KBaltz@responsenetworks.com> wrote:
> I think it'd be a useful addition.  My only suggestion would be change the
> parameter name to "forceoverwrite" so it matches the similar parameter in
> <copydir>.
>
> K.C.

Thanks for the tip - I did the changes to the code.
How does it work from now on?
If I understood it the right way, now a committer would have to include my
code or decide not to do it...

Anyway here it is:

regards

uli stehling

package org.apache.tools.ant.taskdefs;

import org.apache.tools.ant.*;

import java.io.*;
import java.util.*;

public class Copyfile extends Task {

    private File srcFile;
    private File destFile;
    private boolean filtering = false;
    private boolean forceOverwrite = false;

    public void setSrc(String src) {
        srcFile = project.resolveFile(src);
    }

    public void setDest(String dest) {
        destFile = project.resolveFile(dest);
    }

    public void setFiltering(String filter) {
        filtering = Project.toBoolean(filter);
    }

    public void setForceoverwrite(String force) {
	        forceOverwrite = Project.toBoolean(force);
    }

		if (forceOverwrite ||
                (srcFile.lastModified() > destFile.lastModified())) {
			try {
				project.copyFile(srcFile, destFile, filtering, forceOverwrite);
			} catch (IOException ioe) {
				String msg = "Error copying file: " + srcFile.getAbsolutePath()
					+ " due to " + ioe.getMessage();
				throw new BuildException(msg);
			}
		}