ant-dev mailing list archives

From David Weller <dgwel...@yahoo.com>
Subject RE: ANT for mortals document?
Date Fri, 11 Aug 2000 11:26:02 GMT

--- Peter Donald <donaldp@mad.scientist.com> wrote:
> ahh he was referring to a document someone is writing. Unfortunatley the
> document hasn't gone public yet and thus it is not available. Mail the
> author (David Weller <dgweller@yahoo.com>) and he may decide to give it to
> you in what ever form it is now.

Ugh...AfM is really shaky and still has holes in it.  However, I'm willing to
let people on the ant-dev list look at it and critique it.  I only have 16
pages written so far (and it's currently a Word doc, so you will need Word or
Star Office to read it at the moment) and I know I have about 30+ more to go.
I'm trying to make it a "conversational discovery" piece, so it's DEFINITELY
not a FAQ, and DEFINITELY not a replacement for the docs (in fact, I
specifically avoid repeating the parameter lists, etc. that are in the docs).
As an example, I talk about targets almost immediately, but don't introduce
target conditionals until much later.  Add on top of that the fact that I am,
technically, still an Ant beginner, and it's likely that some of the hard-core
Ant developers may cringe at any (inadvertent) inaccuracies I might have.

With all that being said, yes, if you send me e-mail and ask for it, I will
send it to you, but it will obligate you to giving me feedback :-)