ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: junit task and incrementing a number (i.e. buildNum++ )
Date Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:09:30 GMT
Stuart,

> I have two questions...
>
> 1. I am interested in picking up the junit task. This is not
>    in the 1.1 release. Is it a good idea to use one of the
>    nightly builds? And just see if it is stable.

Nightly builds have generally been stable. Nevertheless you are living on
the edge when you choose to use the nightly builds.

> 2. In a reply (Re: When's the next stable release?) just
>    yesterday it was mentioned about having objects that are
>    not strings. Will this facilitate the increment of build
>    numbers? i.e. I can read in a string as an integer and
>    increment the value.

The facility to use objects in place of strings when configuring tasks is in
place now. You will see that a number of tasks have been converted over to
using Paths and File objects in place of Strings. I'm not sure how it might
facilitate build number incrementing. I think that would be a good idea for
a separate, pretty simple, task.

Conor