ant-dev mailing list archives

From "Conor MacNeill" <co...@m64.com>
Subject RE: <arg>
Date Mon, 14 Aug 2000 13:10:11 GMT
Louis,

> I don't think you can make any portable assumptions about
> java.library.path. Unless someone can point to a specification,
> I believe it's safer for the scripts to explicitly pass the current PATH
> as a system property ("ant.system.path" or something) on the command
> line.

I agree that we cannot rely on java.library.path. However I wonder if
passing in the Path as an ant property is the start of a slippery slope
where we end up trying to pass the whole environment into ant :-) Currently
we have

ant.home
jikes.class.path

We probably could add what you suggest, but what else (wheeeee down we go
!!)

Conor :-)