ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Why Properties became immutable
Date Fri, 21 Jul 2000 15:39:50 GMT
Roger Vaughn <rvaughn@seaconinc.com> wrote:

 > Anything more complex than "this source file becomes this object file
 > like this" took a lot of work, and often ended up impossible without
 > recursive builds.  If we managed to get complex-pattern rules into
 > Ant, we'd have a complete coup - as least in the Java-build world.

I think Ant is very easy to use for the simple and common problems but
yes, we need to find an easy way to the more complex problems.

I'm going off into the weekend now and won't find time to follow this
list. But I won't stop thinking about a solution 8^).

I'm anything but fond of the idea of a two phase build process - that
much is sure. Maybe we are really heading into a direction where we'll
need to add some kind of procedural logic inside Ant - I hope we
don't.

Stefan