ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [patch] Proposal for refactoring
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:33:06 GMT
Mariusz,

you are perfectly right pointing out the weaknesses in my first draft,
I've put this one together during half an hour.

I found "code smell" all the way when I was cut'n'pasting ExecuteOn
from ExecuteTask - I couldn't decide wether to use inheritance or
factor out the similarities into Execute so I decided to sleep on it
but commit the version as it was nevertheless.

I will have a look at your patch later this day or maybe even tonight
- in which case you will see the result tommorow in my timezone. We
should make the decission between sequential and parallel execution an
user option - transforming SGML files into RTF using jade would be my
standard example where sequential mode is needed.

Today's lunch break should be used to commit the JUnit task I've
modified to work with the new system last night.

Stefan