ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Task Names vs Class Names ?
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 11:19:58 GMT
>>>>> "CM" == Conor MacNeill <conor@cognet.com.au> writes:

 CM> <java taskname="junit" ...>

Then you won't like my patch 8^). You'll have to remove setTaskName
from the list of excluded methods in IntrospectionHelper to make this
succeede again.

 CM> Now that usage would probably interfere with your requirement
 CM> where you want to know the tasktype. Perhaps we need to be able
 CM> to tell a task the tasktype is was invoked with as well as a
 CM> taskname for logging, the taskname defaulting to the tasktype by
 CM> default.

Yup, going to add that as well.

Add a taskType property (with setter, no getter?) and set this in
Project.createTask as well as taskName, ignore setTaskType in
IntrospectionHelper but allow setTaskName to be passed through,
effectively adding a taskname attribute to all tasks, right?

Stefan