ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Take 2: Problem: Using Jikes on NT with spaces in working directory
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 14:06:00 GMT
Hi all,

I was trying to figure out what is wrong with Process.exec(String[])
on NT or with Jikes - I'm on a dead end road here.

The appended little program generates

Arg 0: 1
Arg 1: 2
Arg 2: 3
Arg 0: 1
Arg 1: 2 3
Arg 0: 1
Arg 1: "2 3"

on Linux - which is what I had expected on any platform BTW. On NT I
get the same result except for the last line where the quotes are
stripped - no difference between run 2 and run 3 on NT. On Windows 98
I get no output at all.

According to Colin Jikes doesn't like spaces in the argument to
-classpath unless he puts quotes around the argument - my test seems
to imply that this doesn't make a difference at all.

Of course we could put the quotes in just to solve the problem, but
I'd appreciate to know what the cause of the problem is.

Anybody with more insight?

Stefan