ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Why Properties became immutable
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 07:58:14 GMT

 CM> but I think it would be good to look at the spec document again

 >> Properties

 >> Properties are mutable name-value pairs

 CM> I don't know if the intention here is parse-time mutability or
 CM> execute-time mutability.

I didn't mean to imply properties wouldn't be mutable by tasks (other
than <property> which explicitly ensures it doesn't override existing
values). Of course they can be altered afterwards but it won't have
much of an effect as long as ${} replacement happens at parse time.

My feeling now is that we will have to go all the way to make the
property expansion step happen at runtime.