ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: new logfile output format suggestion
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 07:31:51 GMT

 J> Noticed that the new logfile system does not use the -logfile
 J> command line directive; it is hardcoded to output the xml format
 J> to log.xml.

The XmlLogger does, right. I had a quick look to see what is actually
going on. There is more than one issue:

You will always have a DefaultLogger that writes either to standard
out or to the file you specify using logfile - should we only add the
default logger if no other logger is specified?

You can have any number of loggers by using the -listener option to
Ant more than once - it would be better if you could specify output
for them separately (or each using a hardcoded output file like
XmlLoggeer does) or you are going to end up with a whole lot of logged
garbage.

I think it boils down to: How can we specify the output file for a
listener we specify at the commandline? Any syntax suggestions
welcome.

-listener classname,logfile

would be my idea at first glance - no "," use the default (whatever
that may be).

Stefan