ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject What is the purpose of build.sh?
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 10:25:11 GMT
In the light of Conor's changes and looking at Sam's script in
<URL:http://oss.software.ibm.com/developerworks/opensource/jakarta/buildall.html>
(all his builds fail since the changes) I'm a little bit puzzled.

What is build.sh supposed to do?

The way Sam uses it looks as if build.sh was a wrapper around ant to
build arbitrary projects - I thought that bin/ant is the right thing
to use.

The way Conor has changed it, it becomes unusable unless your current
working directory is ${ANT_HOME} - otherwise it is going to run
./bootstrap.sh and fails in turn because this will probably not exist
(as opposed to ${ANT_HOME}/bootstrap.sh).

It wouldn't be too difficult to revert the behavior back to what the
old build.sh did - I just don't see why we'd need it and not use
bin/ant directly.

Could somebody please help me out?

Stefan