ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Feedback on first uses of Ant
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 09:12:18 GMT
Hi Malcolm,

>>>>> "MS" == Malcolm Sparks <malcolm.sparks@iona.com> writes:

 MS> So, here are the problems we had:

 MS> 1. Taskdefs

See my response to Jason's mail.

If you want to read up on the discussion I mentioned, search for a
Subject containing "Richer task specification". A post by Peter Donald
got all this going, it was message number 1748 if I interpret the
Return-Path Header of my mails correctly.

 MS> 2. Properties

Yes, probably one of the most difficult areas of Ant.

Right now we have properties referenced by name and used via the ${}
stuff. There also is a way to assign an id to each and every object
that represent an XML tag (all tags have an id attribute and there is
a Project.getReferences() method).

Expect the latter mechanism to be used for dynamic properties of some
kind in the future.

 MS> 4. Sharing properties between projects

There is a patch that addresses the problems you face with the file
attribute of property. I hope I'm going to get my hands on it today.

Stefan