ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: RV: Nesting Tasks
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 11:31:09 GMT

 CP> I had a feeling about the script Task being some kind of solution
 CP> to the problems that originated my proposal (for example jar'ing
 CP> classes in an arbitrary list of dirs given, for example, as a -D
 CP> parameter to ant into a number of jars, one for each dir).

XSLT can be another solution to this problem when the dirs are known
up front.

 CP> But I couldn't find out anything about BSF - the ibm site's open
 CP> source section devoted to BSF has only a web access to the CVS
 CP> and a broken become_a_contributor link-.

Yes, it's a pity they don't seem to be able to fix that.

CVS information:

   cvs -d :pserver:anoncvs@oss.software.ibm.com:/usr/cvs/bsf co bsf-src
   password: anoncvs

There also is a mailing list available:

   mailto:majordomo@oss.software.ibm.com
   subscribe bsf-discussion

although I've never received any messages on this list - 've been
subscribed for the last two weeks.

I now see how you want to implement your NestingTask approach, it
doesn't actually need to be a subclass of Task as ProjectHelper would
have to handle it differently anyway.

What other kind of functionality of a NestingTask would you envision,
apart from the foreach thingy you've described?

Stefan