ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Java.java
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 13:50:04 GMT

 CM> I already modified it. If you specify a classpath and fork="no" ,
 CM> the java task will use the classloader to load the class with the
 CM> given classpath. Do you think it needs more explit control than
 CM> that ?

I was busy putting together my stuff - I had built it last night and
took your commit as a signal to return to "business as
usual". Therefore I didn't look at the actual code you had submitted
but only read the description, sorry.

My fear was that we'd use a classloader even if the user didn't
specify a classpath of her own - now that I see that this is not the
case I don't have any problems with it (why would you specify a
classpath if not to use it).

Maybe we should add an additional option to get a custom classloader
even if the user didn't specify a classpath? This could be used to
force the VM into reloading classes that might have changed since Ant
has been started?

How about integrating the classloader logic into ExecuteJava somehow
and use that inside the Java task if fork was false? That way the same
logic will lend itself to other <java> like tasks easily.

Stefan