ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: *** Java Makefile ***
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 11:07:51 GMT

 VR> Any suggestions on how this can be implemented using ANT?

Vijay, I'm not sure I understand your question the way I should.

First, Ant won't force a fixed directory structure for the project on
you - though this might be useful within one organization.

I've not looked at the particular setup of this but it seems to me
that starting out with a very simple build file - take Ant's own for
example you will have all project level make targets from
you would have to add a target containing <java> tasks for the
run... targets but that should be trivial.

I don't see the value of the package level make targets but you could
get there quite easy as well. "make SomeFile.class" might become
"ant -Dbuild.class=SomeFile compilesingle" though.

View raw message