ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Problem: Using Jikes on NT with spaces in working directory
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 08:20:46 GMT

 CtH> First, It's not a simple matter of setting just this property;
 CtH> one has to add the run-time library to the classpath as Jikes,
 CtH> unlike javac, needs to know where to find it.

I'll take a look at the Javac task to see whether it could be done
automatically.

 CtH> The nightly snapshots are empty zip files due to an error in the
 CtH> CVS committed code!

Just for the record as I'm the culprit who introduced the problem. I
added a new attribute (forceoverwrite) to copydir and used it in Ant's
build.xml right after that. The build fails because the older version
of Ant that generates the nightly build doesn't have that attribute.

This is not a bug in the code - if you bootstrap Ant everything should
work - but I should have thought of it anyway.

Stefan