ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: cvs commit: jakarta-ant/src/main/org/apache/tools/ant/taskdefs Copydir.java
Date Wed, 05 Jul 2000 10:23:49 GMT
For some strange reason Project.copyFile checks that the source is
newer than the target itself - making the check in CopyDir redundant.

I've added another version of Project.copyFile which can be told to
ignore the dates - but I don't think this is the right solution. IMHO
the task should check which files to copy and Project should trust the
task - so I'd prefer to remove the check from Project.copyFile
completely.

Is anybody aware of any task that relies on Project doing the sanity
check? NetRexxC, CopyFile, Javac and XSLTProcess (in the commented
part) all test the condition before calling copyFile. The only task
remaining is Rmic which would probably want to overwrite newer files
anyway.

Any objections against removing "destFile.lastModified() <
sourceFile.lastModified()" from Project.copyFile?

Stefan