ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject The anstructure task
Date Wed, 12 Jul 2000 14:49:08 GMT
Hi,

I've deliberately not documented the task I've just commited. One of
the reasons is that I'm not happy with the name.

Anyway, it takes exactly one argument (output, a filename) and dumps
out a DTD for all tasks that are known to the running instance of
Ant. This means, to generate a DTD just create a buildfile like this

<project name="testdtd" default="dtd">
  <target name="dtd">
    <antstructure output="ant.dtd" />
  </target>
</project>

and put all taskdefs you might use anytime in this file as well.

Currently all attributes will be shown as CDATA #IMPLIED, only
boolean, Boolean and EnumeratedAttribute subclasses get a special
treatment (see patch and fixcrlf for example).

Feedback is more than welcome.

Stefan