ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Controling the environment for exec tasks
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 14:33:44 GMT

 >> Yes, that'd be the way to go, and maybe if value was omitted use
 >> System.getenv to get the current value?

 MS> Stefan, you're showing your age. That method was deprecated in
 MS> JDK1.1.  ;-)

I know - I've been there 8^) back in errm.

But there is no alternative that would not be deprecated. Which System
property was supposed to hold the value of my X-Windows DISPLAY
variable, the PID of my SSH agent, ...?

 MS> The only difficulty is making the Ant syntax intuitive and
 MS> backwardly compatible.

I think Julien's

<exec >
  <env key=".." value=".." />
</exec>

is perfectly valid given those constraints. If no env tag has been
specified, no environment variables get passed - that's backward
compatible, isn't it?

Stefan