ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: TimeStamp dependent target execution
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:24:27 GMT

 GM> I guess I'm just a little gun shy lately.

;^)

 GM> At any rate, I like the idea of a transform task, but doesn't
 GM> that bring up a number of issues that got hashed out about a
 GM> month ago about making Exec a MatchingTask?

Well, one of the results was, that a Exec subclass that implemented
MatchingTask behavior (I called it workon) would be useful. I'd see
transform as a specialization of this in turn.

I stopped short of implementing anything with regard to workon when
Arnout came up with the idea of filesets and this extended further
into named filesets and patternsets and .... It's kind of difficult to
implement new functionality in the light of a larger redesign of the
system.

Stefan