ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Release?
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 09:20:23 GMT
Hi,

are we ready for a release or is there still something missing that
really must be included?

I'd propose to call it *1.1* since many people refer to the version
that shipped with Tomcat 3.1 as Ant 1.0.8 - so 1.0 might be
misleading.

How are we going about to put the release together? Tag all sources,
change the version property in build.xml and the version text in
docs/index.html - that's clear but what else?

I noticed that a bootstraped version built with JDK 1.1 one run on 1.2
(both Blackdown's latest versions for Linux) - message is

java.lang.VerifyError: (class: org/apache/tools/ant/ProjectHelper$TaskHandler, method: init
signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/xml/sax/AttributeList;)V) Illegal use of nonvirtual function
call

while it works the other way around so the release should probably be
compiled using 1.2 (or later?).

How about the optional tasks? Are we going to distribute a version
with all optional tasks compiled in - did the version that shipped
with Tomcat include script?

And finally, who's going to do it? Sam, as you know where to put the
stuff and probably have the right permissions to do so?

Stefan