ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Controling the environment for exec tasks
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:52:13 GMT
>>>>> "JC" == Julien Couvreur <jcouvreur@redcart.com> writes:

 JC> <exec ...>
 JC>   <env key="k1" value="v1"/>
 JC>   <env key="k2" value="v2"/>
 JC> </exec>,

Yes, that'd be the way to go, and maybe if value was omitted use
System.getenv to get the current value?

 JC> but this needs the creation of a new parent class,

No it wouldn't, all you'd need was a createEnv() method in Exec. I'm
going to think about that when I start to rework the Exec stuff -
should start with it this week.

 JC> And also, I don't know whether Ant support having "env" (or
 JC> "include") called twice this way.

No limits on the multiplicity of nested elements.

Take a look at the modifications I've made to
docs/index.html#writingowntask and tell me if that makes sense to you
- and post any corrections please, English is not my native language.

Stefan