ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Name that task: creating a DTD for Ant
Date Tue, 11 Jul 2000 11:47:51 GMT
Hi,

based on the changes I've commited a few minutes ago I've written a
task that generates a (partial) DTD for Ant. What you can expect of it
will look something like this:

<!ENTITY % boolean "(true|false|on|off|yes|no)">

<!ELEMENT echo EMPTY>
<!ATTLIST echo
          id ID #IMPLIED
          message CDATA #IMPLIED>

<!ELEMENT javadoc2 (link | group)*>

<!ELEMENT script (#PCDATA)>

this is not perfect - as message in echo is actually #REQUIRED - but
it is a start. All attributes defined as taking a boolean attribute
will look like this

<!ATTLIST patch
          id ID #IMPLIED
          backups %boolean; #IMPLIED

How would you name such a task? antdtd?

One thing I want to take into account is that the same logic could be
used to create an XML Schema (I've just started reading the Primer)
and an attribute like format (DTD|Schema) to this task seems natural.

Stefan