ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: enhancements?
Date Thu, 06 Jul 2000 07:26:00 GMT

 MA> 1) Permissions are not preserved when generating a tar. How can
 MA> you ensure binarys will be marked executible when untarred?

Java doesn't know the Unix concept of permissions, so there is no easy
way to determine the permissions while building the tar file. One
could spawn a stat(1) for each file on Unix systems but this sounds
cumbersome to me.

 MA> 2) Copydir will not copy an empty subdirectory.

Use Mkdir instead? Seriously, this could be done.

 MA> 3) Will there be an Unjar task, or are we supposed to use exec?

JAR is the same as ZIP with an added META-INF/MANIFEST.MF file. Unzip
should be fine.

 MA> 4) FixCRLF task converts tabs to 8 spaces. Can I specify 4?

This could easily become a religious question - TABs *are* 8 spaces
wide you know? OK, let's avoid a flame war, send a patch to make that
an attribute and I'll commit it.

Stefan