ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Controling the environment for exec tasks
Date Mon, 17 Jul 2000 06:56:29 GMT

 PD> The problem I see is that that means all tasks will be forced to
 PD> go through an antRun.[bat|sh]

Hmm, only those that needed it, Exec namely.

 PD> and also may limit on win32 systems that I believe can only take
 PD> 10 parameters in batch files.

9, I think.

There is a Runtime.exec method that takes an array of command line
args and one of environment variables. Would this use up parameters
passed to the batch file on windows systems?

My interpretation of this is more something like "set up the Process
environment to include the specified variables and their values, then
call the script".

Stefan