ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: [Patch] Pedantic mode for Jikes
Date Mon, 31 Jul 2000 13:54:38 GMT

 CM> Just one issue with this patch. Do we want to expand on the use
 CM> of build.compiler.* properties? I actually would like to get rid
 CM> of them altogether - too implicit for me.

Big +1 from me.

I'd like to see a solution for all these cases where you might have a
couple of alternative implementations for some kind of
functionality. jar/fastjar, rmic/jiffy, the various idl2java
implementations ...

Unfortunately I have no idea how to handle this cleanly. Creating a
base class with a bloated set of attributes (everything any
implementation might need) or something like

<javac ...>
  <jikes emacs="yes" pedantic="no" />
</javac>

which would ignore the nested jikes element unless we actually want to
use jikes?

Both are possible and I'm not too thrilled by either of each.

Stefan