ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: subsitution in file names
Date Tue, 04 Jul 2000 12:58:13 GMT
writes:

 >> No, not in a form like you describe - at least not yet.
 SVU> Any plans?

Not in the way you describe it. There are proposals to add named
pattern sets which might help to solve some of your cases.

I'd like to see a use case for something like the pattern substitution
you mention that couldn't be done by other means first.

 SVU> Probably, I should try to do it myself?:)

You could, but don't feel disappointed if it isn't included into
Ant. The better approach would be to convince everybody that adding
something like this would be a good thing first.

Stefan