ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Fixing taskdef (was Re: Feedback on first uses of Ant)
Date Thu, 13 Jul 2000 08:51:04 GMT
>>>>> "JH" == Jason Hunter <jhunter@collab.net> writes:

 JH> Any objects to my moving it back?

Yes, this would break taskdefs placed outside of targets - as execute
will never be called there.

There are other solutions - and we had a discussion about this
recently.

The first and fastest solution is to use Sam's (undocumented,
deprecated, experimental, soon to be deleted, you get the idea 8^)
compiletask task - see source for usage information.

Sometime in the (not too far, I hope) future, task initialization will
delayed until the task is going to be executed. Throw into that a
depends attribute on taskdefs (or alternatively allow tasks to be
executed outside of targets) and the problem could be solved.

We have been discussing using custom class loader, but I can't
remember whether we've come to a conclusion - probably not.

Stefan