ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: rmic question
Date Fri, 07 Jul 2000 13:46:59 GMT
writes:

 SVU> The Rmic task always uses rmic. But there is also jiffyc - much
 SVU> faster tool. Probably, some property a la "build.compiler"
 SVU> should be introduced. Same question about jar and fastjar pair.

 SVU> I already asked about this issue - noone answered...:(

There might be several reasons why nobody answered, mine was (and is)
I don't use rmic, jiffyc nor fastjar.

As long as we don't come up with a better solution something like the
build.compiler kludge - that I'm not happy with - might be one
possible way to differentiate between several implementations of the
same kind of task, but that would imply we had several
implementations.

Stefan