ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Style task
Date Wed, 19 Jul 2000 14:29:46 GMT

 >> -----Original Message----- From: Russell Gold
 >> [mailto:russgold@acm.org] Does the style task check its targets to
 >> see if it has already run? It seems to be generating its results
 >> over and over for me.

 NL> (Warning: ant-newbie alert)

 NL> In general, it looks like conditional execution is something that
 NL> the ant folks deliberately stayed away from because it's one of
 NL> the things that's most confusing about make.  Am I right?

Yes and no. The Ant people like to see the conditional stuff handled
inside the tasks and not inside Ant's core - at least that's my
understanding.

As for Russels question, I didn't check and will have a look
tonight. style could check wether it needs to process a file just like
javac or rmic do.

Stefan