ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Policy question
Date Thu, 20 Jul 2000 07:08:28 GMT

 SL> Stefan, As well as informing people who actively use ant,
 SL> consider a mini-press release sent to the various on line new
 SL> sites.

Argh.

No, *I* do not feel comfortable doing so, if anybody else wants to
step in, please go ahead (and I'd even give my name to one of the
funny quotes in your sample).

My reasons:

(1) I'm the rookie commiter of this project and don't actually feel
like speaking for the project as a whole. A press release should be
made by somebody much closer to the ASF.

(2) I'm don't have the right mindset for any marketing activity,
sorry. That's why I'm software developer and consultant and not a
salesman.

I really enjoyed reading your sample press release.

Stefan