ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: TimeStamp dependent target execution
Date Mon, 10 Jul 2000 10:26:15 GMT

 JAF> Notice that this is a generalization of what the javac, copy and
 JAF> other basic similar tasks are doing today.

Yes, I never counted how many tasks containing a

scanDir(File srcDir, File destDir, String files[])

method are there, but I've always felt like there must be a way to
remove the duplicate code.

If we find a way to make the transform task (or whatever name might be
appropriate) usable it should be implemented in a way that eases reuse
for copy, rename, javac, rmic, ...

 JAF> Something to consider is to provide the functionality of both
 JAF> <java/> and <exec> tasks.

You are right. When I said java was just a convenience layer on top
of exec I forgot about the non-fork case.

View raw message