ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Almost ANNOUNCE: Ant Release 1.1
Date Tue, 18 Jul 2000 08:45:37 GMT
Hi,

I've put together what I think is release 1.1 of Ant, see
<http://jakarta.apache.org/builds/ant/release/v1.1/>.

Some points I want to see cleared before I go around and make an
official announcement of it:

(1) I've included jaxp.jar and parser.jar with both the source and the
binary releases. This is what Tomcat does as well so I thought it would
be OK.

(2) The binary release has been compiled using IBM's JDK 1.3 on
Linux. I've not encountered any problems either with Blackdown's 1.2.2
nor 1.1.7v3 but couldn't check on Windows.

(3) The binary release itself consists of the core and only the core.

(4) optional.jar in the bin directory contains all the optional tasks
I can build, i.e. everything except the Liaison and ejb classes. If
anybody else could contribute the class files, I'll include them.

(5) A question to Sam, .duncan, Craig or whoever else is reading this
message and has done a release before. Who is going to change the
*index.html pages in /downloads?

Stefan