ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <>
Subject Re: cvs task - BufferedReader code in
Date Fri, 14 Jul 2000 13:40:32 GMT

 JS> ObLicensingQuestion: Regarding jCVS, why does GPL require we
 JS> reflect each method call?

The only answer I can give come from second or third hand knowledge,
sorry. I've been tolde that GPL's point of view with regard to Java is
that calling methods directly is considered as "work containing the
program" which in turn means your software has to be GPLed as well.

As I said, it's third hand information and I can't find references at
the moment - but don't find refences that allow a different
interpretation at the site either.

View raw message