ant-dev mailing list archives

From Stefan Bodewig <bode...@bost.de>
Subject Re: Javac classic compiler problem?
Date Mon, 24 Jul 2000 12:35:17 GMT

 MN> java.lang.VerifyError: (class: MN> org/apache/tools/ant/ProjectHelper$TaskHandler,
method: init MN> signature: (Ljava/lang/String;Lorg/xml/sax/AttributeList;)V)
 MN> Illegal use of nonvirtual function call at

This is exactly the problem I see when using a JDK 1.1 compiled
version with JDK 1.2 and up. That's why I compiled the release with
1.3.

Unlike you I don't have problems running Ant on IBM's JDK 1.3 when I
compile it with Blackdowns 1.2.2. Are you sure you didn't compile
using 1.1?

Stefan