ant-dev mailing list archives

From Michael Saunders <mich...@amtec.com>
Subject JavaCC optional taskdef
Date Wed, 26 Jul 2000 15:46:28 GMT
There has been a lot of traffic but I haven't seen any responses to my previous
JavaCC question so I'll ask it again just in case it got lost in the fray.

The JavaCC optional task is misnamed as it is really covering the MParse tool.
The JavaCC tool is actually another product with a different set of options and
main class. I think ant is really cool and I am interested in its integrity. How
does one go about getting an optional task renamed and placed under a different
optional taskdef directory -perhaps metamata?. In addition, I would be happy to
write an optional taskdef for the real JavaCC tool and submit it via this
mailing list.

Committers, do you have any comments? How have you handled this problem in the
past? Should I address this some other way?

Michael